Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Focus

I have trouble focusing. Looking back, I know that I have been this way for a long, long, time, but for whatever reason I have just been able to identify and recognize it.

I have so many ideas. So. Many. But I'm the type of person who would rather be given three options than endless options. I like to analyze each option, and it's very difficult to do that when options are limitless. I don't know what that says about me, but I'm trying to figure it out.

When I have a day off, I get so excited about everything that I can accomplish - things for fun, things that I've been meaning to catch up on, things I'm supposed to do. I have a full day of possibility ahead of me, but I often struggle to accomplish much of anything at all.

When I have to get something done, it gets done. When I get to choose what to accomplish, I am slow to get started.

Once I get started, I am efficient, and successful. It's the starting - focusing enough to start - that holds me back.

Lists help, usually. I see tangible evidence of completing something when I cross it off a list. It's easier for me to break things down than to see the complete picture towering intimidatingly in front of me.

Most of the time I have enough motivation to pick a focus and get started. But lately, that motivation has been slipping more often than not.

So how...how do I get back to accomplishing, succeeding, completing? Or, is now simply a season to sit back and re-evaluate? Is now a season to relax and recover? To rediscover?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...